Today we have here with us not the usual BMW F30, it came in the signature BMW E46 M3 Estoril Blue. Being this unique blue, we were given the opportunity to detail and Opti-Coat this sweet ride.
Upon arrival we saw a clean and good looking paint condition from a distance.
When we looked closer, we saw the usual dirt and sand from driving the car as a daily ride.
The glass was stained without water beading and covered in watermarks.
So was the paint. It was clean but not protected.
As we inspected closer, we found alot of tar spots covered everywhere.
The exhaust tips were covered in carbon.
We checked the paint condition and we found some light swirls.
The engine was covered in dust.
We clean up the engine and had some protectant applied
Exhaust was polished and carbon removed to restore the shine.
We removed the tar stains on the paint.
Finally, we detailed the paint and removed the fine light scratches and swirls.
The wheels is filthy and covered in brake dust.
We clean the wheel in and out
Including the wheel barrel.
Finally, we applied Opti-Guard onto the rims.
As always we will let you enjoy the results without captioning everything
All posts for the month July, 2014
A unusual Ford Focus we have here today. It is in a brand new condition barely a week old.
From the looks of it, the condition of the car may seem to be good but…
The car seems to be like it had gone through some mud
Exhaust tips were full of carbon even from a few days of driving.
As we inspected the paint, we found that it is in a pretty good condition
As we continue to other areas of the car, we found that the A, B, and C Pillar had been polished and there were some holograms.
On other areas, we found more holograms.
We carried on to the engine area which then we found…
Tight areas are covered in dust and dirt
The engine cover is covered in dust too
Along with many other ares in the engine compartment
We gave the car a detailed and deep wash. Resulting in a squeeky clean ride.
Moving to the correction, we removed the hologram spotted on the pillars while other sections of the paint were re-evaluated and we found only the pillars to be damaged.
The paint condition at the current state is ready for coating application.
While waiting for the paint to fully dry up, we did a quick detailing for the engine as well.
The small areas were clean of their dirt and grime.
Engine cover is cleaned and topped with a plastic protectant
Tight spots were not neglected as usual.
Finally the exhaust was polished of the carbon residue, restoring a shiny exhaust tip. The car is now ready for coating.
We placed some attention onto the wheels. Although the car is barely a week old, it is already covered in brake dust.
The wheel barrel would require much cleaning
The design of the rims had alot of tight areas which will normally cake up alot of brake dust.
Especially areas like these.
After we detailed and cleaned the rim, we coated the rim to lock in the shine and gloss. Check out the water beading as well.
The results were very much satisfying as the colour pops with clarity and definition.